* Share it Around

Author Topic:  Those damn Brown Buggers  (Read 2005 times)

Online roy cobb

• Bronze
  • I live in Sawyers Gully NSW

• Fill this by Posting :)
    30%
  • Likes Given: 97

• Total Badges: 22
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixpence One year Anniversary Find of the Month Winner Roo Penny Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
Re: Those damn Brown Buggers
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2017, 07:56 »
Thats a great story   and I have never found a BB like that but I would rather a 2 cent coin any day over  a pull tab
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelad Eureka gold X terra 705
  • Oldest find: 1926 three pence (first as well)
Minelab Eurka gold with coilteck coils pinpointer Xterra 705 dual pack

Offline Way2Go

• Copper

60%
    • I live in: Cherrybrook
  • Likes Given: 2

• Total Badges: 6
    50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2017, 13:17 »

I have not found one of the BB with any stamps in it, yet.  A good thing I guess.....
My recent story regarding BB:
I received a new coil for one of my detectors last week. Thought it would be a good idea to test it out in the back yard. Yes this area has been used as a test pan now for some time. I though the area was clear of all junk and BB. I placed down a few test targets to see how well the new coil would go. I kept getting a strange tone near my 0.5g nugget, I moved the test piece and the noise was still there. My curiosity got the better of me, so off to the shed to collect a shovel. I removed the plug and to my surprise a 1c coin, around 15 inches down. As I always do, I removed the coin and checked the hole. The tone remained. To cut a long story short. There were a total of 4 coins (3 x 1c & 1 x 2c) 15-18 inches down. I don't know how they got there, must have been when the house was built.
I guess you want to know what coil I was using Whites 14” GMT Super-Pulse 350.
What can I say? BB are not always bad to find especially when you find them where other coils have ventured.

Online roy cobb

• Bronze
  • I live in Sawyers Gully NSW

30%
  • Likes Given: 97

• Total Badges: 22
    Sixpence One year Anniversary Find of the Month Winner Roo Penny Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2017, 17:37 »
I have not found one of the BB with any stamps in it, yet.  A good thing I guess.....
I received a new coil for one of my detectors last week. Thought it would be a good idea to test it out in the back yard. Yes this area has been used as a test pan now for some time. I though the area was clear of all junk and BB. I placed down a few test targets to see how well the new coil would go. I kept getting a strange tone near my 0.5g nugget, I moved the test piece and the noise was still there. My curiosity got the better of me, so off to the shed to collect a shovel. I removed the plug and to my surprise a 1c coin, around 15 inches down. As I always do, I removed the coin and checked the hole. The tone remained. To cut a long story short. There were a total of 4 coins (3 x 1c & 1 x 2c) 15-18 inches down. I don't know how they got there, must have been when the house was built.
What can I say? BB are not always bad to find especially when you find them where other coils have ventured.

Well done there Way2go what was the coil as its working well
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelad Eureka gold X terra 705
  • Oldest find: 1926 three pence (first as well)
Minelab Eurka gold with coilteck coils pinpointer Xterra 705 dual pack

Offline FSH00

• Platinum
  • Work to live don't live to work

20%
    • I live in: QLD
  • Likes Given: 1554

• Total Badges: 41
    Sixth year Anniversary Returned an Item The Gold Ring The TON Pre-Dec Full House in a Day Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny 1000 Posts 500 Posts
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2017, 20:04 »
Well done there Way2go what was the coil as its working well
I have not found one of the BB with any stamps in it, yet.  A good thing I guess.....

• Detector(s) owned/used: To many is never enough
  • Oldest find: Vicky (bun) penny 18??
Tally: To old to keep count now

Offline Way2Go

• Copper

60%
    • I live in: Cherrybrook
  • Likes Given: 2

• Total Badges: 6
    50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2017, 16:11 »
roy cobb -  FSHOO highlighted it for me. 
I had the Coil (Whites 14” GMT Super-Pulse 350) fitted to my TDI Pro OZ at the time.

• Detector(s) owned/used: Whites V/SAT, Minlab Quattro, Whites GMT, Whites TDI Pro OZ
  • Oldest find: 1861 coin

Offline farnorthener

• Platinum

73.33%
    • I live in: Top End QLD
  • Likes Given: 1878

• Total Badges: 27
    Fourth year Anniversary Find of the Month Winner 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2017, 19:46 »
I reckon if you set out detecting just strictly looking for b.b signals you would have some amazing finds!
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Using and own - AT-pro, Infinium-LS, CTX3030
  • Oldest find: Old Chinese Cash Coin - 1862 Ha'penny
Time spent in the outdoors is never wasted

Offline Justafisho

• Bronze

10%
  • Likes Given: 231

• Total Badges: 19
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2017, 20:58 »
I reckon if you set out detecting just strictly looking for b.b signals you would have some amazing finds!

I reckon you be correct. That's a good way to look at it. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites V3i -CTX3030- AT Pro- XP Deus-Garrett Pro pointer- Whites TRX Pinpointer
  • Oldest find: Canada Nova Scotia halfpenny token(1815)
Never hunted out!

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything