* Share it Around

Author Topic:  My service experience  (Read 463 times)

Offline The Catseye Cleaner

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Mackay QLD
    • The Catseye Cleaner
    • Youtube's channel
  • Likes Given: 520

• Total Badges: 27
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
My service experience
« on: April 20, 2017, 04:02 »
Well, What can I say? Had to send the CTX down to Adelaide 'cos the screen went blank on me. Truth is, it started to fail about 18 months ago; a small dead spot with a few dead pixels which just grew larger over time. It didn't bother me too much because it didn't cover over any part of the screen I needed to see. And 'cos the CTX is my "go to" detector I just put up with it as it was.

Anyway, one day I went to turn it on and nothing, nada, zilch. The screen had completely given up the ghost. So now I had to blow the dust off the old explorer II and send the 3030 off to have it fixed.

Now I've had the CTX for probably close on five years and it's well out of warranty. I was expecting I'd have to pay for the repairs but I was very pleasantly surprised when it arrived back in Mackay a couple of weeks later with a big fat zero on the bottom line of the invoice.

Yes, the guys at Minelab replaced the screen and it's supporting electronics as well as installed chassis rails (whatever that is) and updated the software, all for nicks. They even replaced the cap that covers the USB socket for me.

I must say, I'm thoroughly impressed by the repair and with the level of service I have received.

In the not too distant future I will be moving to outback Western Australia; yes, that part of outback Western Australia, and I'll be in the market for a quality P.I. gold detector.

As I sit here writing this, there are 7 detectors hanging on the wall behind me (and no, I don't own a detector shop). Considering the amount of money I've poured into this hobby over the years, I was entertaining ideas of perhaps easing myself into the gold prospecting side of detecting via the, well let's say, lower end of the detector market.

However, since I know first hand the benefits of using a good quality machine, and have experienced excellent after sales service, I've had a change of heart. I've decided I'm going with a brand who stand proudly behind the products they make and back them with terrific after sales service.... even after the warranty has run out.

No prize for guessing what brand that will be! Now all I got to do is work out how to tell the Mrs. Catseye that I'm expecting again, and baby number 8 is on it's way....... big families are expensive and this baby will be the dearest of them all.

Wish me luck..

Catseye.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 04:13 by The Catseye Cleaner »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab Explorer II x 2 + Sunray X1 probe, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab Sovereign Elite, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett A2B Groundhog, Minelab CTX3030, Garrett Pro-Pointer X-Pointer Minelab Musketeer Advantage.
  • Oldest find: 1805 - 1806 King George III Large Penny
2015 Totals
Decimals: More than $300 but less than $500
Pre-decimals: 'bout 30 or 40
Tokens: 4
Rings:
Platinum: 0 Gold: 0  Silver: 2  Other: 3 junkers

If it ain't got an 18 on the front it's just another coin.

Offline Dutchy (Jarhead)

• Platinum

90%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Likes Given: 1179

• Total Badges: 30
    5000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary Find Of the year 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
Re: My service experience
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 04:59 »
Good to hear from you again.  The only dealing I had with Minelab was way back when the first Explorers came out that developed a crack in the stem. I sent it back  after 2 years and it was fixed including new decals and buttons.  Looked like a brand new machine. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Beaten up ETrac, CTX 3030
  • Oldest find: 1655 French coin (found in Australia)

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Likes Given: 600

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 06:27 »
Good to read that Minelab looked after you and your machine.
 If you purchased one of the Gpx range make sure you get one of the new type of aftermarket coils.

I see the project to make different coils for the 2300 has been restarted. It involves a different mount for the coil, running the lead outside the shaft and a new cover up the top.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline whitehunter

• Platinum
  • Just one more swing !

100%
    • I live in: n.e. tassie
  • Likes Given: 2575

• Total Badges: 23
    Find Of the year Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 07:29 »
Been a long time no see on here from you TCC , good to see your still out there and having a go . Good luck with your new machine and the gold , if your heading up Pilbara way your in for some mighty hot conditions . I found after 3 years there that i had gotten fairly used to it but adapting to heat gets harder as we get older . Hope you post some big nugs here .
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ebay cheapo , Coinmaster , White's mxt pro ,Minelab 2100 , White's Surf P I . Makro Gold Racer , Nokta fors Relic , Whites MX 5
  • Oldest find: 1854 penny , 1816 shilling , cartwheel penny , 1895 gold sovereign , 1842 Groat

Offline kg1

• Platinum

46.67%
    • I live in: Melb Vic
  • Likes Given: 1027

• Total Badges: 20
    1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 07:58 »
I too have had nothing but exceptional service from Minelab.

• Detector(s) owned/used: xterra70

Offline daviddi

• Bronze
  • I like metal detecting

0%
    • I live in: Perth, Western Australia.
  • Likes Given: 122

• Total Badges: 23
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 09:38 »
Catsey, always good to read about how well Minelab treat their customers. 
I have a lot of admiration for their service and how they have treated me and many others over the years always needs some mention. 
For me aswell starting with a simple fix that Minelab were best to do on my original Explorer XS they looked after me in resolving the problem.
So long as Minelab continue to offer us such good products with superior backup, they'll get my business.  

Well, What can I say? Had to send the CTX down to Adelaide 'cos the screen went blank on me. Truth is, it started to fail about 18 months ago; a small dead spot with a few dead pixels which just grew larger over time. It didn't bother me too much because it didn't cover over any part of the screen I needed to see. And 'cos the CTX is my "go to" detector I just put up with it as it was.

Anyway, one day I went to turn it on and nothing, nada, zilch. The screen had completely given up the ghost. So now I had to blow the dust off the old explorer II and send the 3030 off to have it fixed.

Now I've had the CTX for probably close on five years and it's well out of warranty. I was expecting I'd have to pay for the repairs but I was very pleasantly surprised when it arrived back in Mackay a couple of weeks later with a big fat zero on the bottom line of the invoice.

Yes, the guys at Minelab replaced the screen and it's supporting electronics as well as installed chassis rails (whatever that is) and updated the software, all for nicks. They even replaced the cap that covers the USB socket for me.

I must say, I'm thoroughly impressed by the repair and with the level of service I have received.

In the not too distant future I will be moving to outback Western Australia; yes, that part of outback Western Australia, and I'll be in the market for a quality P.I. gold detector.

As I sit here writing this, there are 7 detectors hanging on the wall behind me (and no, I don't own a detector shop). Considering the amount of money I've poured into this hobby over the years, I was entertaining ideas of perhaps easing myself into the gold prospecting side of detecting via the, well let's say, lower end of the detector market.

However, since I know first hand the benefits of using a good quality machine, and have experienced excellent after sales service, I've had a change of heart. I've decided I'm going with a brand who stand proudly behind the products they make and back them with terrific after sales service.... even after the warranty has run out.

No prize for guessing what brand that will be! Now all I got to do is work out how to tell the Mrs. Catseye that I'm expecting again, and baby number 8 is on it's way....... big families are expensive and this baby will be the dearest of them all.

Wish me luck..

Catseye.

• Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac,Explorer SE, Explorer 11, Explorer Xs, Explorer S, Eric Foster P.I Goldscan 5c, Eric Foster P.I Deepstar v.3
  • Oldest find: Domitian (81-96 AD), denarius

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything