* Share it Around

Author Topic:  Garrett Wireless  (Read 738 times)

Offline blueyonder

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    36.67%
    • I live in: Avalon NSW
  • Likes Given: 553

• Total Badges: 34
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny The Gold Ring Rising Sun Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts
Garrett Wireless
« on: May 06, 2017, 08:23 »
Looking forward to the scheduled announcement of a new wireless version of the AT PRO later today. Presumably they are keen to match or better the XP Deus. Their gear is usually reasonably priced and if the field comparisons with the Deus look good I might have to get the gorse out of my pocket as my AT Pro is only just hanging in there..cheers..Dave
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 08:48 by blueyonder »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett Infinium LS,Garrett AT PRO
  • Oldest find: 1842 Queen Victoria young head silver half crown

Offline blueyonder

• Platinum

36.67%

Sixth year Anniversary Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny The Gold Ring Rising Sun Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts
Re: Garrett Wireless
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 19:02 »
Very little chatter online. Can't be too ground changing. If I had the cash,I would buy both the XP Deus and the A.T Max. Like the waterproofness and price of the Max , the lightness and portability of the Deus. Field comparisons are slow to show..cheers..Dave

Offline Thylacine

• Bronze

3.33%
    • I live in: Qld
  • Likes Given: 4

• Total Badges: 20
    Fifth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 15:29 »
Very little chatter online. Can't be too ground changing. .Dave

Thats because they have not been released for sale yet... However there is this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkra-CxwMw4
I like the Iron Audio feature the grunt will stop of lot of bottle caps being dug when chasing coins!
Fingers crossed there will be a Gold MAX released in the next 12 months, that's the machine I'd like to see.

• Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett's Master Hunter 7 ADS & ACE 350

Offline Justafisho

• Bronze

10%
  • Likes Given: 231

• Total Badges: 19
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 20:46 »
Thats because they have not been released for sale yet... However there is this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkra-CxwMw4
I like the Iron Audio feature the grunt will stop of lot of bottle caps being dug when chasing coins!
Fingers crossed there will be a Gold MAX released in the next 12 months, that's the machine I'd like to see.

The AT Pro also had the iron feature. I think they've missed the mark by forcing us into the International. Our tone breaks are closer to the US. They are allowing for the European market(understandably), but it would make sense for us to have the other machine.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites V3i -CTX3030- AT Pro- XP Deus-Garrett Pro pointer- Whites TRX Pinpointer
  • Oldest find: Canada Nova Scotia halfpenny token(1815)
Never hunted out!

Offline blueyonder

• Platinum

36.67%

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 21:18 »
No idea why Garrett would want those drongos to market their new machine thylacine. They are unwatchable.

Offline Thylacine

• Bronze

3.33%
    • I live in: Qld
  • Likes Given: 4

• Total Badges: 20
    Fifth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 01:39 »
The AT Pro also had the iron feature. I think they've missed the mark by forcing us into the International. Our tone breaks are closer to the US. They are allowing for the European market(understandably), but it would make sense for us to have the other machine.
I have long wondered why we are stuck with the International version! I have a US ACE 350 and I have used the ACE 350 International and I much prefer the US ACE 350, I just don't understand why someone thinks I would want a smaller 'mid-tone' only the Zac is down the iron end of the display, most of our coins will be up with the US coins. Perhaps the numeric readout is a game-changer, but, I detect by ear then look at the display, as I think most of us do. I really would like the option to choose rather than have someone tell me what they think I will want/like!

As for the video it was the only one I could find that shows the production model being used by someone other than a Garrett employee. 

I'm still going to wait for the new Gold MAX to be released, I'm guessing about this time next year....
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett's Master Hunter 7 ADS & ACE 350

Offline maat

• Silver
  • yeah, nah, maybe.

10%
  • Likes Given: 706

• Total Badges: 21
    Fourth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 09:33 »
No idea why Garrett would want those drongos to market their new machine thylacine. They are unwatchable.

they're an embarrassment to the hobby. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: -minelab gt16000 -xp deus 13"x11" coil - garrett pin pointer
  • Oldest find: 1827 colonial penny

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything