* Share it Around

Author Topic:  Whites V SAT  (Read 2079 times)

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 19
    Badges: (View All)
    500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Whites V SAT
« on: September 29, 2011, 15:04 »
Picked up an old GM V SAT of ebay the other day and has this detector seen a lot of work. Well worn original skid plate, red dust in every nook and cranny, no add ons and has been used in original condition all of its life I would say and that tells me sombody was pretty satisfied with the performance. For sure it has been a great gold finder for someone.
I had forgotten just how good these detectors are at searching out the small stuff and bigguns as well. It is going to be fun doing a nostalga run with this machine.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

Offline Count Pierre

• Platinum

3.33%
    • I live in: Queensland
  • Likes Given: 319

• Total Badges: 34
    Sixth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
Re: Whites V SAT
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 18:09 »

Geez. How old is the V SAT. Haven't seen that one. :o
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Currently - ML Safari with RNB Battery,Whites MX5
  • Oldest find: 1817 George 3 Shilling
If I can't handle it, I'll go & have a few beers, or a red wine....or both.... & go from there!

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

0%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 19
    500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 19:15 »
The Goldmaster was released  in 1990 as the Goldmaster II.   Then came the
 Goldmaster V/SAT, Goldmaster III and Goldmaster 4B.. So the Vsat is pushing 15 + years old

All great gold detectors. No bells and whistles, just pure grunt machines that worked in tough ground. If there was any itty bitty bits of metal in the ground down to almost invisable, these machines could find it.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

Offline Count Pierre

• Platinum

3.33%
    • I live in: Queensland
  • Likes Given: 319

• Total Badges: 34
    Sixth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 19:41 »

Ta! 8)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Currently - ML Safari with RNB Battery,Whites MX5
  • Oldest find: 1817 George 3 Shilling
If I can't handle it, I'll go & have a few beers, or a red wine....or both.... & go from there!

Offline Way2Go

• Copper

16.67%
    • I live in: Cherrybrook
  • Likes Given: 2

• Total Badges: 5
    10 Posts First Post
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 10:22 »
I just picked up a box of old prospecting gear from a gent who was cleaning out is late father-in-law's shed. I took a punt on the box of odds and sods as I saw part of a gravel clean-up unit, which I have seen selling for around $300. The chap helped load the gear in my car. When I got home, I was surprised to find a Goldmaster V-Sat, with two coils, nearly all complete, plus a couple of Minelab coils. Don't know what I will do with the Minelab coils.
I noticed that one of the Whites and one of the Minelab coils have old stickers (identical) attached from the Miner Den in Parramatta. I have not been in this hobby as long as many others; however, was told by the Miners Den in Parramatta that they only deal and sell Minelab detectors. I wonder how long ago they decided to move to be a Minelab exclusive dealer?
I opened the battery box to find the battery holder in it, damaged; however, easily repaired with some electrical tape. Put some batteries in it and yes it screams. I quickly went to the Whites website and downloaded the user manual for this model (dated 1995). Switched the unit on again and adjusted the settings till she quietened down. Tested it with my usual range of items, Lead, Nail, Coins (New and Old) and 0.5 g gold. Amazing it worked on all targets.
Now, what do I do with it?
Do I take it with me on my next hunt and test it out against my newer Whites? or
Clean it up and sell it? or
Clean it up and have it as a working wall hanger in the man cave?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites V/SAT, Minlab Quattro, Whites GMT, Whites TDI Pro OZ
  • Oldest find: 1861 coin

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

23.33%
    • I live in: Tropical North Qld. Australia
  • Likes Given: 73

• Total Badges: 24
    Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 13:14 »
Make a short video on how it works in the bush, then sell/auction it.

My wall is full of yesteryear's detectors so I won't bid.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whats suitable for me to do the job!

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything