Author Topic:  Bounty Hunter Tracker IV discrimination settings  (Read 2188 times)

happyhunter

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV discrimination settings
« on: March 27, 2010, 14:48 »
Hi

Just wondering if anyone out is using the tracker IV and can offer some advise on the discrimination settings.  I have been using mine either on the Tone setting with the switch at the 11.30 position, which seems to pick up most decimal coins - particularly $1 and $2 and gives a fairly reliable broken tone for pull tabs.  I use this when I am short on time.  However when I want to search an area more thoroughly I have it on the discrimination setting at about 9.30 (1/4 turn) which finds all decimal and pull tabs. I have only had the machine for 2 months and just wondering if anyone who has more experience with this machine has any suggestions for discrimination settings for optimal results.

happyhunter

alimo88

Re: Bounty Hunter Tracker IV discrimination settings
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 23:31 »
I cut a small disc/dohnut out of a white sticky lable and stuck it over my discrim setting. I took the knob of first. then I marked the point that each of the modern coins where lost. I also have  a mark for tabs. Then I just choose where i set it on a particular day. remember pull tabs = 9 carat gold rings and Platinum rings are around foil. Therein lies the cunundrum

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam