Author Topic:  Metal Detector Clubs in Melbourne or Solo Detectorists in Melbourne  (Read 2176 times)

Detector101

Hi,

I would like to hear from those who are members of a metal detectors club or solo melbourne detectorists.

Have searched and found a MD club in Sunbury, and the Moorabbin Prospecting and Camping Club.

The MD club in Sunbury sounds good but too far away, I am in the SE suburbs and not sure about Moorabbin Prospecting and Camping Club, maybe not MDers.

So I would appreciate some recommendations on clubs or hear back from those that choose to be independent.

Cheers all

Wayne

Offline lazyaussie

• Platinum

• Last 30 Days Activity
    8.33%
    • I live in: s/e Melbourne
  • Likes Given: 3
hi Wayne i'm also in melbourne i usually hunt solo or with my boys,i've got a couple of spere detectors if you want to try a bit of detecting send me a message & we may be able to meet up at some stage. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: garrett AT pro, minelab excal, garrett ace 250, garrett pro pointer, garrett sea hunter, whites dual field,
  • Oldest find: 1797 cartwheel penny x 2
  • My Awards Award for finding a Gold Sovereign Recognition of being a Finalist Awarded when you have found a 1/2d, 1d, 3d, 6d, 1/-, 2/- Award for finding a Cartwheel Penny Award for finding a Round 50 cents Award for finding a gold ring Award for returning a lost valuable to original owner
  • pirate monkeys do it in the sea

Detector101

Hi Lazyaussie,

Thanks for the offer, will send a message and look forward to maybe meeting up.

What area of Melbourne are you from?

Cheers

Detector101 (Wayne)

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

• Last 30 Days Activity
      100%
      • I live in: Swan Hill. Nth.Vic
    • Likes Given: 41
    Victorian Seekers club meet at mulgrave.You missed meeting on 2nd June. Contact eric grummett 0397291026 president or membership sec. Mrs mieke smits 0359713633   Rwork
    • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS,Ace 250.Waiting on the Minelab long pulse Pro series.
    • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.
  • My Awards Awarded for winning a leg of "Play it forward" Award for finding a gold nugget Awarded for finding a Penny Award for finding a Florin Award for finding a threepence Award for finding a sixpence Award for finding a Half Penny

• Detector101

Hello Rwork.

Thanks for the onfo. Will follow up asap.

Have a good week

Cheers

Detector101

monoman

hi wayne im a member of the sunbury club we concerntrate more on gold prospecting
    im using a minelab gpx4000 for gold hunting and i also have an ace 250 for parks and the beach

Offline max705

• Platinum
    • The more you dig, the more you find .

• Last 30 Days Activity
      0.83%
      • I live in: Perth , Western Australia
    • Likes Given: 0
    welcome to the site monoman
    • Detector(s) owned/used: Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Xterra 705, GC 10 discriminator
    • Oldest find: 1886 Penny , Circa 1870 Mantel Clock Piece
  • My Awards Awarded when you have found a 1/2d, 1d, 3d, 6d, 1/-, 2/- Awarded for winning a leg of "Play it forward"
  • Pre decs. Tally :107
    Wanted150
    Silvers Tally:39
    Wanted:50

jimmtjames

hey guys i am jimmy 33, looking for a club near me I am in bayswater 3153 melb.
    i have a x terra with 9"7.5Hz and a 10" 18.75
    would love some tips on how to get the beat out of my x terra, even go out and have a go with someone..anyway email me or let me know cheers jimmy
    jamesfischer1979@hotmail.com

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

• Last 30 Days Activity
      100%
      • I live in: Swan Hill. Nth.Vic
    • Likes Given: 41
    Welcome Jimmie, we have a few members down your way.  Find the forum calender and keep an eye on it for outings/get togethers.
    I have emailed you two different Melbourne club newsletters. Most will be camped in Wedderburn forests next weekend so that the members who want to attend the token hunt are able to.
    • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS,Ace 250.Waiting on the Minelab long pulse Pro series.
    • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.
  • My Awards Awarded for winning a leg of "Play it forward" Award for finding a gold nugget Awarded for finding a Penny Award for finding a Florin Award for finding a threepence Award for finding a sixpence Award for finding a Half Penny

•  

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
    Spam Harvester Protection Network
    provided by Unspam
    anything