* Share it Around

Author Topic:  CTX 3030 Waterproof Headphone plugs....where to buy in Oz  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Ross Brown

• Bronze

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Toowoomba, Queensland
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 15
    Badges: (View All)
    100 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Hi Guys,
Not sure whether this has been put up before.  Below is a source to purchase these male and female plugs on line from a company called Element 14.

The male plug as fitted to the waterproof headphones :-
http://au.element14.com/amphenol-tuchel/12-08bmma-sl8001/m12-i-style-sensor-connector/dp/2254170?Ntt=12-08BMMA-SL8001

And the female plug as fitted to the body of the CTX:-
http://au.element14.com/amphenol-tuchel/12-08bffa-sl8001/m12-i-style-sensor-connector/dp/2254169

Note that the male plug above does not come with the waterproofing external 0 ring. You will have to source the 0 ring which appears to be 12mm outside diameter, 10mm inside diameter and the wall thickness 1mm. These 0 rings should be available at any automotive bearing supplier.

The female plug appears to have the internal 0 ring (green in colour) fitted. If this plug was used as a replacement on the CTX body make sure the internal 0 ring is fitted to insure waterproofing. Although I wouldn't think the the user would replace the plug on the CTX body as they would have no way of pressure testing the control box for water-tightness after reassembling.

Make sure that you are happy that the plug makes a waterproof seal when connected to the detector. I take no responsibility should it not.

I have purchased a female so I can make a short cable with the female plug on one end and a 6mm stereo plug on the other so I can connect my Underwater Grey Ghosts to the Minelab WM10 wireless receiver. I will only need to carry the one set of headphones (Grey Ghosts) for either application. I have checked with the Grey Ghost manufacturers and they say other CTX users have also made the same connecting cable for the WM10.

Hope this helps.
Ross
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Currently own :-ML GPX 4000, CTX 3030, Fisher F75 LTD, ML Excalibur11, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Minelab Pro-Find 25, Whites Eagle Spectrum..an old one but a good one
  • Oldest find: 1812 English penny

Offline Marty

• Gold

100%
    • I live in: Hawkesbury River Region NSW Australia
  • Likes Given: 71

• Total Badges: 29
    Returned an Item Coin Of the Month Winner Coin of the year Half Soveriegn The Crown Comm Penny Nugget over an Ounce Full Sovereign 500 Posts 100 Posts Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
Re: CTX 3030 Waterproof Headphone plugs....where to buy in Oz
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 08:48 »
Ross
I want to use such a lead on my GG Amphibians that have been modded to suit a CTX  for the same reason as you have done , wanna make another set ?

M.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Old -GP3000/3500, GPX 4000,4500, GB1 , GPX5000, current XTerra705 , ForsGold, CTX3030 , SDC2300 , GPZ7000
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel , 1806 & 07 George III half penny, 1823 & 25 Farthing , 1825 George IV Penny ,1876 20 Mark Gold German Wilhelm I, 1889 Queen Vic Jubilee Head Double Florin, 1937 Australian Crown, lost gold ring over 120yr ago, returned property owner
"Just Dig It and it will come"

Offline Ross Brown

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: Toowoomba, Queensland
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 15
    100 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: CTX 3030 Waterproof Headphone plugs....where to buy in Oz
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 07:38 »
Marty,
 I'm electronically challenged and looking for someone to build mine. It doesn't look all that challenging but I'm concerned at getting the wiring wrong and I don't want to chance blowing anything in the headphones or WM10
Ross
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Currently own :-ML GPX 4000, CTX 3030, Fisher F75 LTD, ML Excalibur11, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Minelab Pro-Find 25, Whites Eagle Spectrum..an old one but a good one
  • Oldest find: 1812 English penny

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam