Author Topic:  CTX 3030 Waterproof Headphone plugs....where to buy in Oz  (Read 655 times)

Offline Ross Brown

• Bronze

• Last 30 Days Activity
    0%
    • I live in: Toowoomba, Queensland
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi Guys,
Not sure whether this has been put up before.  Below is a source to purchase these male and female plugs on line from a company called Element 14.

The male plug as fitted to the waterproof headphones :-
http://au.element14.com/amphenol-tuchel/12-08bmma-sl8001/m12-i-style-sensor-connector/dp/2254170?Ntt=12-08BMMA-SL8001

And the female plug as fitted to the body of the CTX:-
http://au.element14.com/amphenol-tuchel/12-08bffa-sl8001/m12-i-style-sensor-connector/dp/2254169

Note that the male plug above does not come with the waterproofing external 0 ring. You will have to source the 0 ring which appears to be 12mm outside diameter, 10mm inside diameter and the wall thickness 1mm. These 0 rings should be available at any automotive bearing supplier.

The female plug appears to have the internal 0 ring (green in colour) fitted. If this plug was used as a replacement on the CTX body make sure the internal 0 ring is fitted to insure waterproofing. Although I wouldn't think the the user would replace the plug on the CTX body as they would have no way of pressure testing the control box for water-tightness after reassembling.

Make sure that you are happy that the plug makes a waterproof seal when connected to the detector. I take no responsibility should it not.

I have purchased a female so I can make a short cable with the female plug on one end and a 6mm stereo plug on the other so I can connect my Underwater Grey Ghosts to the Minelab WM10 wireless receiver. I will only need to carry the one set of headphones (Grey Ghosts) for either application. I have checked with the Grey Ghost manufacturers and they say other CTX users have also made the same connecting cable for the WM10.

Hope this helps.
Ross
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Currently own :-ML GPX 4000, CTX 3030, Fisher F75 LTD, ML Excalibur11, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Minelab Pro-Find 25, Whites Eagle Spectrum..an old one but a good one
  • Oldest find: 1812 English penny
  • My Awards Award for finding a sixpence Award for finding a Florin Award for finding a threepence Awarded for finding a Penny Award for finding a Half Penny Award for finding a gold ring

• Offline Marty

• Crew
    • Silver

• Last 30 Days Activity
      28.33%
      • I live in: Hawkesbury River Region NSW Australia
    • Likes Given: 12
    Re: CTX 3030 Waterproof Headphone plugs....where to buy in Oz
    « Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 08:48 »
    Ross
    I want to use such a lead on my GG Amphibians that have been modded to suit a CTX  for the same reason as you have done , wanna make another set ?

M.
    • Detector(s) owned/used: Old -GP3000/3500, GPX 4000,4500, GB1 ,XTerra705 , current GPX5000, CTX3030
    • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel , 1806 & 07 George III half penny, 1823 & 25 Farthing , 1825 George IV Penny ,1876 20 Mark Gold German Wilhelm I, 1889 Queen Vic Jubilee Head Double Florin, 1937 Australian Crown
  • My Awards Awarded to whoever finds the best coin each month Award for finding a gold nugget Award for finding a Crown or half Crown Award for finding a Cartwheel Penny Awarded for winning a leg of "Play it forward" Award for returning a lost valuable to original owner Awarded when you have found a 1/2d, 1d, 3d, 6d, 1/-, 2/- Award for finding a gold ring Award for finding $100 plus in one day Award for finding a farthing or part farthing.
  • "Just Dig It and it will come"

Offline Ross Brown

• Bronze

• Last 30 Days Activity
      0%
      • I live in: Toowoomba, Queensland
    • Likes Given: 0
    Re: CTX 3030 Waterproof Headphone plugs....where to buy in Oz
    « Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 07:38 »
    Marty,
     I'm electronically challenged and looking for someone to build mine. It doesn't look all that challenging but I'm concerned at getting the wiring wrong and I don't want to chance blowing anything in the headphones or WM10
    Ross
    • Detector(s) owned/used: Currently own :-ML GPX 4000, CTX 3030, Fisher F75 LTD, ML Excalibur11, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Minelab Pro-Find 25, Whites Eagle Spectrum..an old one but a good one
    • Oldest find: 1812 English penny
  • My Awards Award for finding a sixpence Award for finding a Florin Award for finding a threepence Awarded for finding a Penny Award for finding a Half Penny Award for finding a gold ring

•  

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
    Spam Harvester Protection Network
    provided by Unspam
    anything