Author Topic:  What AT Pro Settings do you use?  (Read 2233 times)

Goldfinger

What AT Pro Settings do you use?
« on: October 04, 2011, 23:31 »
Have been playing around with the settings on my AT Pro and have seem to have found the sweet spot now. I was originally using the Standard "Coins" settings but I reckon it's cutting out good targets especially Gold.

So now I've got it on Standard Custom setting. Turned off all "Notches" so all metals above Iron Discrimination are detected. Jacked Iron Discrimination up to 40. Turned sensitivity down 2 bars from the highest as was detecting too many things(deep as well) and was making it hard to find good targets.

Still getting some iron being detected but not nearly as much. I've tried the Pro settings as well but I find it really annoying/distracting with the constant noises. When I find the target I just use the pinpoint function.

Oh yeah and just another weird thing with the Pinpoint feature. If I find a target and hold the metal detector near the ground and press the Pinpoint function the metal detector seems to often either make a constant tone or no tone at all, despite me moving it across the target area. BUT if I lift the metal detector off the ground first, THEN hold the pinpoint button, then lower it down towards the ground the pinpoint function works again? Is this normal?

Offline Beesncheese

• Silver

• Last 30 Days Activity
    0%
    • I live in: Nicholls Rivulet, Tasmania
    • Youtube channel
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What AT Pro Settings do you use?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 08:49 »
Thanks for posting this I will be trying your suggested Standard Custom setting when I get my AT pro delivered shortly.  I have only watched the videos so am unable to add anything as yet !
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garratt AT Pro, Propointer
  • Oldest find: 1876 halfpenny, 1918 George V Threepence yay !
  • My Awards Award for returning a lost valuable to original owner Awarded when you have found a 1/2d, 1d, 3d, 6d, 1/-, 2/-

• alimo88

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 10:56 »
    as for pinpointing

find a very clear spot

place a two dollar coin down

Practice practice practice.

Pinpointing is "all metal mode" and "non motion mode" meaning the coil does not need to be in a sweeping mode.

you need to find the sweet spot of your coil and the coin should be under that.

you will find it will require a "sort of" de tuning/de sensitizing method where the coil is only finding the coin under the part of  the coil that is most sensitive

Offline pepper

• Platinum

• Last 30 Days Activity
      9.17%
      • I live in: Tamworthless, NSW
    « Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 21:34 »
    i normally run in standard  zero with dic up to about 35.

lately, although hunts are few and far apart due to another project, ive been using pro zero with disc about 35 40.
    you may hear some 'annoying' sounds in pro mode, but you sure as hell know when something good is under the coil. will give a beautiful clear tone.
    im trying to use pro mode a bit more, and so far ive had good results over totally hammered ground.
    • Detector(s) owned/used: E-Trac + propointer
    • Oldest find: 1740-1754 George II halfpenny chinese coin unknown date
  • My Awards Awarded for winning a leg of "Play it forward" Awarded for finding a Pre-Dec Full House in the one day. Awarded for finding a Cricket Buckle Awarded when you have found a 1/2d, 1d, 3d, 6d, 1/-, 2/- Award for finding a farthing Award for finding a gold ring
  • A silver a day keeps the doctor away.

Offline Silverdigger

• Gold
    • My goal 200 pre dec's and $1,000 in 2014

• Last 30 Days Activity
      0%
      • Youtube channel
    « Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 21:21 »
    I always use mine in pro mode and iron discrimination at 30-35,I have noticed that sometimes the clear sounding tones are sometimes screw caps,I have only found 2 silver coins with the AT Pro so far,but I have found a lot of goldies with it,it's like a vacuum with the goldies but I'm still learning my self,only had it 3 weeks now and I think I'm getting better every week,still no gold ring as of yet because I'm still trying to learn the signals for gold rings. 
    • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett Ace 250,Garrett Pro Pinpointer,Garrett AT Pro
    • Oldest find: 1892 British Penny/1897 Queen Victoria Medallion
  • My Awards Awarded when you have found a 1/2d, 1d, 3d, 6d, 1/-, 2/-
  • 2014 Finds!

Pre-Dec Silver Tally:
    Pre-Dec Copper Tally:
    Goldies:$
    Brown Buggers:

Silver Tally Total:34
    Half Penny Tally Total:50
    Penny Tally Total:69
    Goldies Total:$333
    Brown Buggers:363
    Silver rings Total:4
    Gold rings Total:0
    Junk rings Total:4
    PB:$32.75

Offline Beesncheese

• Silver

• Last 30 Days Activity
      0%
      • I live in: Nicholls Rivulet, Tasmania
      • Youtube channel
    « Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 05:32 »
    Silverdigger how many notches on the sensitivity do you use I think its set to two notches down by default do you lower the sensitivity more.  So far after a week nothing but bottle caps etc on the beach.  Mind you our beaches in this neck of the woods are not exactly populated.
    • Detector(s) owned/used: Garratt AT Pro, Propointer
    • Oldest find: 1876 halfpenny, 1918 George V Threepence yay !
  • My Awards Award for returning a lost valuable to original owner Awarded when you have found a 1/2d, 1d, 3d, 6d, 1/-, 2/-

• Offline Silverdigger

• Gold

• Last 30 Days Activity
      0%
      • Youtube channel
    « Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 09:06 »
    Silverdigger how many notches on the sensitivity do you use I think its set to two notches down by default do you lower the sensitivity more.  So far after a week nothing but bottle caps etc on the beach.  Mind you our beaches in this neck of the woods are not exactly populated.

I have it at 2 notches down,do you have any parks around your area to try,they might be the best place for you to try and find some coins,I have not been to the beach as of yet with my AT Pro but am hoping to get there very soon,at the moment I will stick to the parks and playgrounds,the bottle caps can be annoying but once you learn the signals they give you will dig less of them unless you like to dig everything which sometimes I do when I think I'm in an old park where there might be old coins,that is the only time I dig everything unless I know for sure it is a bottle cap which I know is number 80 on the target id ;)
  • 2014 Finds!

Pre-Dec Silver Tally:
    Pre-Dec Copper Tally:
    Brown Buggers:

Offline Shane

• Copper

• Last 30 Days Activity
      0%
      • I live in: Beverford vic
    « Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 21:27 »
    A mate of mine has just purchased one of these machines and at this stage is a little disapointed with the way it works as it doesn't seem to change the tone of the signal from a 10 cent peice to a 2 dollar coin and it makes it dam hard to have to watch the numbers dial all the time to identifie your finds in trashy area's . The main question is there any settings on the AT pro that will give the user a different signal tone for the different  quallity of coin as the Fisher gold bugs do. Also what settings will achieve this.

Cheers    Shane.
    • Detector(s) owned/used: Minlad gold seeker, Garret ads deepseeker, Fisher Gold Bug Pro
    • Oldest find: 1860-66 .44 rim fire henry shell case
  • My Awards Award for finding $100 plus in one day Award for finding a Florin Award for finding a threepence Award for finding a gold ring Awarded for finding a Penny Award for finding a sixpence Award for finding a Half Penny

• Offline pepper

• Platinum

• Last 30 Days Activity
      9.17%
      • I live in: Tamworthless, NSW
    « Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 21:31 »
    shane, is your mates an aussie or US version.?
    mine is a us version and a 2 dollar will sound a high tone whilst a 10c will sound a mid tone.
    someone may correct me if im wrong, but doesent the aussie version register a 2 dollar as a mid tone?
    • Detector(s) owned/used: E-Trac + propointer
    • Oldest find: 1740-1754 George II halfpenny chinese coin unknown date
  • My Awards Awarded for winning a leg of "Play it forward" Awarded for finding a Pre-Dec Full House in the one day. Awarded for finding a Cricket Buckle Awarded when you have found a 1/2d, 1d, 3d, 6d, 1/-, 2/- Award for finding a farthing Award for finding a gold ring
  • A silver a day keeps the doctor away.

Offline Silverdigger

• Gold

• Last 30 Days Activity
      0%
      • Youtube channel
    « Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 10:31 »
    I have the US version and as pepper said the $2 is a high tone and 10 cent a mid tone,I'm not sure about the Aussie version,I have no problems finding $1 and $2 coins,I have found way more now that I have this detector,it's great at finding these coins and it's also good at finding gold rings which a lot of people have been saying,I'm yet to find a gold ring but have found 2 silver rings with this detector :)
  • 2014 Finds!

Pre-Dec Silver Tally:
    Pre-Dec Copper Tally:
    Brown Buggers:

Offline Shane

• Copper

• Last 30 Days Activity
      0%
    « Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 10:53 »
    Not real sure guys if its the Aussie or US Just no he is pretty frustrated at the moment as we went hunting yesterday and he found $2.30 and I got $55 over the same ground .
    You would think that the modern machines of today would have the different tones built in to them, this machine has no different tone apart from a 5 cent peice which gives a low tone all the rest are the same no matter were you set the discriminations and settings and can be a dam pain having to try to watch the numbers all the time

Cheers   Shane
    • Detector(s) owned/used: Minlad gold seeker, Garret ads deepseeker, Fisher Gold Bug Pro
  • My Awards Award for finding $100 plus in one day Award for finding a Florin Award for finding a threepence Award for finding a gold ring Awarded for finding a Penny Award for finding a sixpence Award for finding a Half Penny

• Offline Silverdigger

• Gold

• Last 30 Days Activity
      0%
      • Youtube channel
    « Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 11:03 »
    I know what you mean by watching the target id numbers all the time,sometimes they jump around to much when your in a trashy area,I always listen to the signals and if it sounds good I then check the target id,maybe your mates detector is faulty,did he purchase it in Australia or America?
  • 2014 Finds!

Pre-Dec Silver Tally:
    Pre-Dec Copper Tally:
    Brown Buggers:

Offline lazyaussie

• Platinum

• Last 30 Days Activity
      6.67%
      • I live in: s/e Melbourne
    • Likes Given: 1
    « Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 21:30 »
    tell me about it Shane I've got the international AT pro & having no high tone sucks for Goldie & preD hunting BUT for water hunting it's great as the gold locks on real nice  ;D.
    lazy
    • Detector(s) owned/used: garrett AT pro, minelab excal, garrett ace 250, garrett pro pointer, garrett sea hunter, whites dual field,
    • Oldest find: 1797 cartwheel penny x 2
  • My Awards Award for finding a Gold Sovereign Recognition of being a Finalist Awarded when you have found a 1/2d, 1d, 3d, 6d, 1/-, 2/- Award for finding a Cartwheel Penny Award for finding a Round 50 cents Award for finding a gold ring Award for returning a lost valuable to original owner
  • pirate monkeys do it in the sea

Offline Shane

• Copper

• Last 30 Days Activity
      0%
    « Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 22:21 »
    Checked out the mates machine today and its the international model so we tryed it in the Pro Mode and seemed to make a little difference to him but seemed to be much simmilar to me now he needs practice I think , but still think that the machines of today should be able to destinctly have different tones for different consistancys of metal ,should be available across the board.

Cheers   Shane.

• Offline garrettguy

• Copper

• Last 30 Days Activity
      0%
      • I live in: Kempsey nsw
    « Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 12:38 »
    I have had the garrett at pro international for a few months now. I have used it every day.
    On the beach I set it to pro mode coins. 4 bar sensitivity. Found a ring in the first beach outing in 15 minutes. This was even after some other bloke had just detected the same area .
    Easy to establish trash with low unstable tones. High ring tone indicates usually something good, if its not a pulltab or can.
    My motto is if it sounds good or Im unsure I dig it anyway.
    Have found a ring heaps of pre decimal coins heaps of newer coins and general cutlery.
    When in trashy ground I use the same settings but lower sensitivity to minimum.
    • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett at pro international, Fisher CZ 21,little eagle shovel
    • Oldest find: 1917 penny
  • My Awards Award for finding a gold ring
  • Money found
    Total to date $67.00
    Only $999933 to go

Offline Count Pierre

• Platinum

• Last 30 Days Activity
      2.5%
    • Likes Given: 1
    « Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 13:29 »
    Thanks for that, garrettguy.

I'm waiting delivery of my AT Pto Int. which will be used only for the beach.

Nice to have a starting point from someone who knows! ;D 8)
    • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab E-TRAC, Whites V3i, Whites VX3, Whites DFX + 6 Whites Coils, Whites TRX P/P, GarrettP/P x 2, Sunray DX-1 Probe, Lesche Digger x 3, Lesche/Sampson L/H Shovel/Digger, Aussi Beach Scoop, Aussie Water Scoop, EZI Scoop. Standart 7.5" Sc
    • Oldest find: 1817 George 3 Shilling
  • My Awards Awarded when you have found a 1/2d, 1d, 3d, 6d, 1/-, 2/- Award for returning a lost valuable to original owner Award for finding a gold ring Awarded for winning a leg of "Play it forward"

•  

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
    Spam Harvester Protection Network
    provided by Unspam